Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It's Rough, but it WILL Get Better!

Sa akong mga pamily kag mga amigo,

Well... How's everyone doing this week? Totally sucks about Elder Anderson getting home for medical reasons, that's the worst thing for a missionary getting sick and having to go back home, just know my prayers are always with you buddy, as well as all my other missionary buddies. It's cool to know that I have friends and things that are going through the same things that I'm going or at least know a little bit of what a mission is like. It's nice to email them and get letters from them as well. I hope they're all doing great!
Filipino English--How do you throw garbage properly?

I hope you guys, (my family) are having a blast in St. George right now! That's awesome! I miss St. George so much! I hope it's awesome as ever and that you are having a great time! I can't wait to get back and then actually be able to go with you hiking and biking and stuff! Going out on the boat again, it's going to be a blast! ;) I miss you guys back home!

This week was good, it started off with a good Tuesday! Great day, lots of teachings. The coolest part of the day is when we found this kid in a jeepney, I'll send you a picture. There's the kid and says to us, "Hey Mormons" So I was like, "Who you callin Mormon's" So we go and talk to him. The kid who said Mormon's is actually a recent convert, but he had a friend and they were just chilling in the jeepney. So we took the time to share to both of them. The member's name is Ricky and his friend who he was with was name Micko. So then we talked to Micko and we were like, Hey, we want to come and visit your family, is that okay with you. So we did! Turns out, they have 8 all in the family. The kids are from the ages 12-18, all can be baptized. They're receptive, but it'll be hard to get them to church, but the Mom was saying she really wants to know what's true and things in the world, so it's going to all be well. We can walk our entire area, in one day. So that's what we do, every single day. We start at the furthest end, then walk all the way back to our house. By the end of the day, I think we've walked about 15km's or so. It's not too bad, good work out, it just sucks because there's no trees or anything to cover the sun so we just get beat by it all the time! 

Ricky & the jeepney
Wednesday we had a zone training meeting and then the best thing ever!!!! ;) Exchanges with Elder Pulsipher! You already know that I like, love this Elder so I don't need to tell you that. We've just become way good friends and I'm super stoked to see him after the mission. We worked in his area of La Castellana and we tore it up. We found their area 7 new investigators and were just talking to everyone we saw, just super happy about the work, which is how it should be. Sometimes it's hard being companions with a Filipino because we have nothing to talk about. We walk for kilometer without saying anything to each other and it's super awkward. But I guess it's okay, gives me quiet time to read the Book of Mormon and stuff. When we're out working though it bugs me a little because I like to talk and be social and things. I mean, you guys know me. The class clown, the social butterfly, mom always says. So this is just a big change for me and it's rough sometimes, but it's all okay. Makes me behave I guess you could say. At night we made friend chicken, grape juice, rice, and just really kicked it. As much as you can kick it on a mission. We watched a church video and then just continued eating. We didn't sleep much, just talked in our room for the longest time. It's nice to work with him.

Elder Pulsipher & I with Mt. Canlaon in the background

Sister Smoot from Lindon

My Zone

Thursday we exchanged back and it's back to good ole' San Enrique! So we went back and then got straight to work. Same ole' same ole'. It's the same people, that one new family is the only new people we've really found this week, so it's rough, but I think it'll get better I hope.
94 year old Aunt of a member


Friday we did our weekly planning and realized that all our investigators have gotten pushed over to the Sisters area. So... now we don't have that many to plan for... only about 10 people. That's it! 10! Totally bogus, but it's all okay. We just need to find more people. Like I said last week, we usually didn't focus on this part of our area so it's a little different. But we're trying hard. President called me on Friday night and we talked about it for a little bit and some other things. It was the best conversation I've ever had with President and really gained a lot of respect for him from our conversation. He's more understanding than I use to think and he knows what's going on in our area, so it's okay he said, as long as we're doing our best is what matters. 

Saturday we worked all day long. Started again in the far away part and worked all the way back to our house at night. The only bummer was we went by that new family, the Aquino Family, and they weren't home so we didn't get to invite them to come to church. I don't know where they were! I was super upset, but it's okay, we'll invite them this week and remind them to go. They're super cool, the kids are alright, the Mom is awesome, the Dad is a little shy, but that's just the Filipino men. They're really shy unless they have friend around and it's just a very social culture here... If the neighbors and people around you find out that the missionaries are teaching you, they start to make fun of you and stuff, kinda like that deal. So it's hard. Mormons are made fun of a lot just because we teach the truth and everyone knows it. If your friend can't smoke or drink with you anymore, he's not too much of your friend anymore. That's just like the culture.
Sister Balijong's child


Taught all these girls and they had really great questions!

Sunday... surprise surprise, only 1 investigator at church! ;) But hey, that's better than it was last week! We've had 0 for 2 straight weeks now, so now we're doing great! ;) 100% improvement! WAY TO GO! ;) Afterwards we actually ate at the church with the branch president. He bought some chicken and we brought some rice from our house, so we ate there with the Sisters. The Sisters are doing great! They've picked up our old investigators and so there were 4 at church this past Sunday. Things are looking up in San Enrique! The Sisters are doing great! These are probably the most fun 2 Sisters in the whole mission I bet. They're just fun to be at church with and stuff. A little bit on the joking side, just like me, a little YELLOW in their blood. So it's all good! Love it! ;) 
So all in all, we've had a better week. Our numbers are a little lower and we visit the same people every single day. I think they're really sick of us, but it's all good! That's the work of the Lord. We visit every single day, things will get better! They'll progress faster maybe, so I'm excited. It's transfer week this week. Calls will come tomorrow if there will be anything, so I don't know, anything could happen. I really want to train, but I don't know if it'll happen... but the Lord will do what he wants and to help his work progress! So, I just pray that nothing bad happens ;) I'd be fine with pretty much anything though as long as I have a good companion. Not really in the mood right now to get another one like my last companion, but all will be well! I'm not too worried. 
I hope y'all are enjoying the pictures, I made sure to take a lot this week because I didn't get to take any last week. I hope all is well back home with you guys! Love you tons and I miss you.
Brother Ricardo & some branch members

Kabalo gid ako nga ang simbahan naton amo ang matuod nga simbahan diri sa kalibutan. Excited gid ako para sa Conference! Basi magbaton ko sang pagpadayag halin sa Dios para sa akong kabuhi. Kay, wala gid ko kabalo ko ano ang akong humonun pagkatapos sang mission ko. Indi gid ko trunky! Pisan pa gid ako! Malipayon gid ako nga nakamission ako. Gani budlay gid sya pero, malipay pa ako. Ambot lang kon paano pirme malipayon ako bisan ano nga natabo sa akon. Damo oie, pero ayos lang gid sya. Padayon na lang ako sa mission deba? Tani okay pa kamo tanan dira. Nahidlaw gid ko kamo, pero amo ni sya ang sacrificio nga kinahanglan ko maghatag sa akong Ginoo kag ang akong Amay sa Langit!

I love you all! Keep going! Read and Pray! And "GO TO CHURCH"

Love,
Elder Ezzy E. Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment